FaceRig began as an evenings and weekends project for us; we were wishing that there was more we could do with the characters we inhabit when playing games. Most of the time we use them for a while, mostly just to kick some butt, then we finish the games and abandon the characters sooner or later. In this discussion a lot of 'what if's were born, that got us really excited.
The character I chose has the capabilities to mimic my movements.
Here are some PROS for this program:
- The Beta version currently offers you to choose from different characters ranging from being a cheeseburger (yes, a cheeseburger character), to animals like cats, dogs, tigers, anime characters and different types of people.
- Once you pick a character you can start changing their settings and customizing their colors & features to personalize it to your liking.
- Ability to change the background settings, lighting, sound settings, etc..
- There's still lots of room for improvement - And it looks very promising.
Just a few CONS for this program:
- The tracking tends to be a little off every now and then.
- From what the developers have stated, the program still has some defects & missing features.
- Sometimes... It just doesn't work correctly.