Check out my video to see how the expo was!Gaming Expo highlights:
- I was able to attend the Tales from the Borderlands panel and meet the creators afterwards! They were kind enough to sign my video games :)
- Since the Mario-karting area was packed until closing, we were able to get a free t-shirt anyway for visiting the booth! I'm pretty sure they felt bad for us since we weren't able to try out the go-karts; hence, giving us a t-shirt.
- It was great finding out great gaming organizations and causes. I met a promoter for Operation Supply Drop - "Operation Supply Drop (OSD) is a military gaming 501(c)(3) charity designed to build video game filled care packages for soldiers (America and Her Allies) both deployed forward to combat zones as well as those recovering in military hospitals."
- I was also able to hear about other organizations like GameChurch.com, FUNimation, TeeTurtle, and a lot more!
- Getting so much free stuff from stickers to lanyards to t-shirts!
Here is the thing about SXSW, if you buy a platinum badge ($1600)/badge/wristband then you get higher priority of getting into a show/event than the non-badge/wristband people. I was a non-badge/wristband person that night. We were there EARLIER than some of the wristband/badges and they were getting in first than us... Then Against Me started playing and my heart started breaking, hah. I was the 1st person in line for the non-badge people so I could actually see inside of the venue and see the band playing and the crowd going wild. The first song played, which was True Trans Soul Rebel, and at that point I was just having my own little min-concert at the door and singing to the song! Then the second song played, which was Pints of Guinness Makes You Song, and I was still singing! The girl who was running the lines and letting people in turned to me and said "Go ahead inside"... I was able to cut infront of the badge/wristbands! I feel like she knew I really wanted to be inside and sing a long with the other Against Me fans... I happily went inside and enjoyed the rest of the show! I'm not trying to sound anti-SXSW or one of those Austinites that's like "Get out of our city! Don't move here!" , haha. I just REALLY wanted to get into the show and got upset about people just waltzing right inside even though we were waiting longer. SXSW is still going on until the weekend. I'm not sure if I'll be going to any other shows right now but I'm happy with the events I've gone too! Are you guys having a fun Spring Break? I'd love to know what your plans are!